Many miraculous things happened in Mexico on day 1 of a 3 day trip to Vicente Guerrero, a small agricultural town 5 hours south of the U.S./Mexico border. Mark Cowpersmith, my associate pastor, had been teaching students on healing at a local church for almost a full week before I arrived with my friend Kyle. I was scheduled to speak on healing and then begin demonstrating it.
We arrived to the church just in time for the service. The church had been asking the local community for weeks to bring their sick on this night and the large church was full…and hot. I was excited about what God was going to do.
As I started to conclude my message on healing, I noticed that people started approaching the front of the church for healing; they were wheeling wheelchairs and escorting people with walkers. By the time we actually started officially inviting people to come to the front for healing, 90% of the room had moved to the front!
Mark brought a team of 3 people with him, so with Kyle and me, we had a healing team of six. Given the number of people who came for healing, we were overwhelmed. Mark broke us into groups.
It would be impossible to list all of the healing that first night, but the group to which I was assigned was designated for healing of the eyes. Of the healing that I witnessed in my group, here are a few examples that stood-out…
- A woman named Gloria notified us of significant improvement with blurry vision.
- A woman named Josefina declared that all of her blurry vision had disappeared.
- A woman named Rosy felt something tighten in her forehead as we prayed and then observed significant improvement with her vision.
- A woman named Maria said she was diagnosed with a “carnosidad” in her eye. When we were done praying, the burning pain in her eyes was gone.
- A woman named Irene came forward with pain in her back and knees. After prayer, ALL pain was gone (I’m not sure how she ended up in my “eye” group).
- A woman named Lucina also felt her pain go away as we prayed.
- A woman named Virginia went from blurry vision to clear vision.
Here are photos of three of the women (mentioned above) whose improvement was most dramatic…
A young woman named Mayra said that she could not see clearly and that she was seeing silhouettes when she looked at people. We began praying and after several prayers in the name of Jesus, she could see Mark clearly (who was on the opposite side of the platform). She even noticed detail (such as “he has dark circles under his eyes”).
Later that evening, a woman who received healing also told me that she wanted to change course and give her life to God. She prayed to receive Jesus as Lord of her life that night. The most important healing of the night…a soul healing…occurred in that moment.
Witnessing so much healing our first night really wet our appetite for what God was going to do the following two days. The adventure has begun!